5.26.2009

Tuesdays with Dorie - My First Week

This week was my first week posting a dessert I made from Dorie Greenspan's book

"Baking: From My Home to Yours".


This week's recipe was
Chipster-Topped Brownies.




This is the first time I had melted chocolate and butter
in a bowl over boiling water.



But it turned out great. I don't know that I would go to this much trouble to make brownies again, but it was good experience.




I added pecans to the brownies because
I didn't have walnuts (and I really like pecans).


I was also short an egg yolk for the cookie batter.

The top crust of my cookie layer was very crisp, almost brittle.
I blame that on the missing yolk.




I thought the cookie to bownie ratio was too small.
I would have liked to see half cookie, half brownie.




Overall, it was a semi-sweet success.




Next time I would take half the brownie batter
and bake it in its own pan, just to have brownies.
I think that would make a better overall brownie/cookie combo.

This is my first week with TWD
and I'm looking forward to more baking and cooking.

I regret that I'll have to skip the ice cream week next month,
as I don't have an ice cream machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment